perfocraZe International Artist Residency-[pIAR]
What happened at pIAR 2019? CHECK OUT OUR PHOTO SLIDES!
(works by artists in residence 2019, check HERE to see the right credits) Photo credit: Edward Onsoh, Nina Claire, Percy Nii Nortey
APPLICATION FORM BELLOW
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applications for the 2020 Artist Residency Program are open from 8th September until 15th October 2019. The earlier the better your chances! Successful applicants will be notified from 20th September until 20th October 2019.
perfocraZe International Artist Residency- [pIAR] is hosted by “crazinisT artisT studiO” located in the hub of Kumasi, the second largest city of Ghana and the capital of the Ashanti Kingdom. It is an interdisciplinary artists' program, performance ‘hatchery’, incubator, laboratory and interactive platform aimed at promoting exchange between international and local artists, activists, researchers, curators and thinkers. pIAR was launched in 2018 after four years of its underground projects and has hosted 27 participants in its first edition, 'pIAR2019' (January to August) from over 15 countries. For the second edition, pIAR2020 invites applications from international and local practitioners to stay between JANUARY and AUGUST to develop their projects over a period of 4 weeks focusing on processes, collaborations and experimentations rather than products. Participants will be given the opportunities to share their experiences through discussions, research, workshops, presentations, talks and lectures .
Updates! You can find our activities on the following social media.
Mode of Application
- Deadline for application 15h October 2019
- NO application FEE! NO Residency FEE!
- Please read carefully before filling the form below with all the details required. We do not accept application submissions outside of the FORM.
- Prepare all document before filling the form; the application processes CAN NOT be saved for later completion.
- Copy and paste your BIO, CV, ARTIST STATEMENT and MOTIVATIONS into the appropriate spaces provided in the form.
- Make sure you provide a downloadable link to you portfolio (images, Videos, sounds etc)
- Images submitted by applicants will be used for publication, advertisement and in promotional materials.
- CONFIRMATION- You should see this pop up as soon as your application has been successfully submitted: "Success! Your form was sent. pIAR will contact you in the next days. If in 10 days you do not receive any email from us, please do follow up via email:
NOTE: Conditions and Eligibility
- pIAR is built on the notions and intersections of Performativity, documentation and archiving. NOTE: All participants and activities at pIAR are randomly documented.
- NO stipend! NO per diem!
- The residency runs monthly from JANUARY to AUGUST each year. (Participants must select at least 4 weeks convenient for their stay)
- Free accommodation (shared rooms)
- free WiFi (Depending on available funding)
- Participants must be able to STAY for a minimum of 28 days.
- pIAR is suitable for artists working in performance, videos, photography, film, interactive/performative installations, interventions, graffiti, curating, writing, story telling and music/dance.
- Participants should at least be able to communicate in English.
- Participants must be able to COVER travel, visa, health insurance, cost of production and cost of living.
- pIAR IS A HOPE FOR ARTISTIC & CULTURAL ADVENTURE: Participants must be willing and ready to take the challenges and responsibilities in navigating the socio-cultural complexities within Kumasi and its environs.
- pIAR IS A HOME FOR ALL: Participants must be willing and ready to coexist and tolerate people from/with diverse cultures, race, gender, age, sexuality, etc.
pIAR 2019 Participants were supported by:
- crazinisT artisT StudiO, Kumasi, Ghana
- Goethe-Institut Kamerun
- Alliance Francaise Accra, Ghana
- Alliance française Kumasi, Ghana
- Alliance Francaise, Arusha, Tanzania
- Secretaria de Cultura do Estado da Bahia, Brazil
- Canarias Crea, Spain
- Indiegogo Donors and individuals supporters, Worldwide
To support pIAR 2020-3020, please click DONATE/PLEDGE