APPLY NOW: pIAR2021!
perfocraZe International Artist Residency-[pIAR]
What happened at pIAR 2019? CHECK OUT OUR PHOTO SLIDES!
(works by artists in residence 2019, check HERE to see the right credits) Photo credit: Edward Onsoh, Nina Claire, Percy Nii Nortey
APPLICATION FORM BELLOW
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applications for the 2021 Artist Residency Program are open from 1st August until 30th September 2020. The earlier the better your chances!
Successful applicants will be notified from 10th October until 30th October 2020.
NOTE: Due to the outbreak of COVID19, some of the selected artists for 2020 have been rescheduled for 2021 so there are limited slots for new applicants.
perfocraZe International Artist Residency- [pIAR] is hosted by “crazinisT artisT studiO” located in the hub of Kumasi, the second largest city of Ghana and the capital of the Ashanti Kingdom. It is an interdisciplinary artists program, performance ‘hatchery’, incubator, laboratory and interactive platform aimed at promoting exchange between international and local artists, activists, researchers, curators and thinkers. pIAR was launched in 2018 after four years of its underground projects and has hosted 30 participants in its first edition, 'pIAR2019' (January to August) from over 15 countries. The second edition, pIAR2020 invited 60 selected applicants locally and internationally but unfortunately shut down after March 2020 due to COVID19 regulations.
perfocraZe International Artist Residency is pleased to invite new applications from international and local practitioners to be considered for the third edition in 2021. Successful applicants will stay for a period of 4 (four) weeks or more from JANUARY 2021 to AUGUST 2021 to develop their projects focusing on processes, collaborations and experimentations rather than products. Participants will be given the opportunities to share their experiences through discussions, research, workshops, presentations, talks and lectures .
What happened at pIAR 2020? CHECK OUT OUR PHOTO SLIDES!
(works by artists in residence 2020, check HERE to see the right credits) Photo credit: Edward Onsoh, Martin Toloku, Amudzi Mawuenya
Updates! You can find our activities on the following social media.
Mode of Application
- Deadline for application 30th September 2020
- NO application FEE! NO Residency FEE!
- Please read carefully before filling the form below with all the details required. We do not accept application submissions outside of the FORM.
- Prepare all documents before filling the form; the application processes CAN NOT be saved for later completion.
Copy and paste the following documents into the
appropriate text boxes provided in the form
- ARTIST STATEMENT
- MOTIVATION LETTER (STATEMENT OF PURPOSE)
- Your BIO and ARTIST STATEMENT will be used for publications, advertisement and in promotional materials. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO IMPRESS US WITH SENSITIVE INFORMATION YOU DO NOT WISH TO SHARE IN PUBLIC.
Make sure you provide a downloadable link to you portfolio (please
strictly use the format below)
- Images -JPG/JPEG
- Videos- MP4/ MOV
- CONFIRMATION- You should see this pop up as soon as your application has been successfully submitted: "Success! Your form was sent. pIAR will contact you in the next few days. If in 10 days you do not receive any email from us, please do follow up via email:
NOTE: Conditions and Eligibility
- pIAR is built on the notions and intersections of Performativity, documentation and archiving. NOTE: All participants and activities at pIAR are randomly documented for websites and social media.
- NO stipend! NO per diem! Applicants are advised to seek external fundings.
- The residency runs monthly from JANUARY to AUGUST each year. (Participants must select at least 4 weeks convenient for their stay)
- Free accommodation (shared rooms and facilities)
- Free WiFi (Depending on available funding)
- Participants must be able to STAY for a minimum of 28 days.
- pIAR is suitable for artists working in performance, videos, photography, film, interactive/performative installations, interventions, graffiti, curating, writing, storytelling and music/dance.
- Participants should at least be able to communicate in English.
- Participants must be able to COVER travel, visa, health insurance, cost of production and cost of living.
- pIAR IS A HOPE FOR ARTISTIC & CULTURAL ADVENTURE: Participants must be willing and ready to take the challenges and responsibilities in navigating the socio-cultural complexities within Kumasi and its environs.
- pIAR IS A HOME FOR ALL: Participants must be willing and ready to coexist and tolerate people from diverse cultural identities, race, gender, age, sexuality, etc.
pIAR 2019 Participants were supported by:
- crazinisT artisT StudiO, Kumasi, Ghana
- Goethe-Institut Kamerun
- Alliance Francaise Accra, Ghana
- Alliance française Kumasi, Ghana
- Alliance Francaise, Arusha, Tanzania
- Secretaria de Cultura do Estado da Bahia, Brazil
- Canarias Crea, Spain
- Indiegogo Donors and individuals supporters, Worldwide
To support pIAR 2020-3020, please click DONATE/PLEDGE